Criteria to achieve an IB Diploma
A candidate can only receive the overall diploma certificate if none of the following nine conditions below applies.
• CAS requirements have not been met.
• Candidate’s total points are fewer than 24.
• An N (no grade awarded) has been given for theory of knowledge, extended essay or for a contributing subject.
• A grade E has been awarded for one or both of theory of knowledge and the extended essay.
• There is a grade 1 awarded in a subject/level.
• Grade 2 has been awarded three or more times (HL or SL).
• Grade 3 or below has been awarded four or more times (HL or SL).
• Candidate has gained fewer than 12 points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest grades count).
• Candidate has gained fewer than 9 points on SL subjects (candidates who register for two SL subjects must gain at least 5 points at SL).