Every Friday afternoon this year all Transition Year students will be taking part in a varied programme of Outward Bound and PE activities. These include:
- Two sessions of orienteering in Killiney Hill
- Two sessions of rock climbing in Dalkey Quarry or 'The Wall' in Sandyford
- One canoe session based in Dun Laoghaire Harbour
- Three afternoon hill walks in Dublin and North Wicklow
- One session of Initiative Tests (team building) based in school
- One hill walk and overnight camp in the Glendalough area (on a Friday). Following this optional activity students are returned to school by 1.00 pm on the Saturday.
Pupils will choose to complete an FAI Soccer course in school, OR they will sample the five activities below on a two/three week rotation.
- Jump Zone in Sandyford
- Tennis in Westwood
- Golf in Woodbrook Golf Club, Bray
- General PE and Gym in school
- Gym (circuit training) in school
With the exception of the hill walks, students are expected to make their own way to each venue. Directions are on the Outward Bound notice cabinet. The weeks that students are not timetabled for Outward Bound, they will be doing PE.
Information on the 2019/2020 PE and Outward Bound activities and groups will be posted here once it becomes available.