ICT Provision in the Library
The Library is a resource for teaching and learning for both staff and students. It does this through the provision of an open access multi-media centre which provides access to resources in print and non-print formats. It provides staff and students with a technology-enabled teaching and learning environment.
Existing Provision of ICT in the Library
- 24 Apple Macbooks
- An OHP and screen is connected to the Librarian’s computer. They are used for teaching.
- Kindles for staff and student use kindly supplied by the PTA and a student donation.
- DVDs/CDs for educational and recreational purposes are available
- There is a small audiobook collection
- The hardware is linked to the school network
- There is wi-fi connection in the library
- Oliver (Softlink) Library Management software (LMS)
- EBSCO. The library purchases the History, Literature, Science and Advanced Placement databases
- World Book Online Encyclopedia – the leading encyclopedia in the world for secondary school students. This is available to students in school and at home via Scoilnet.
- iLife (MS Office) on the Macbooks
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Mac apps eg Garage Band and iMovie
Communication with Students and Staff
- Wordpress – used by the Librarian to host the Library Blog .