Accreditation has value:
Concerned parents naturally seek a quality education for their children. Expatriate parents in particular are faced with the additional difficulty of living in a strange environment which offers few guidelines on how best to select the most appropriate school for their offsprings' needs. In some areas there may be only one international school available for the children of the expatriate community. Thus the fact that a school is accredited provides parents with a number of assurances.
Parents know that the school:
- has been evaluated by a team of experienced professionals,
- meets a large number of academic and professional standards,
- is subject to regular visits and monitoring by an external agency,
- has achieved high standards.
The Standards for Accreditation are concerned with:
- School Guiding Statements
- Teaching & Learning
- Governance & Leadership
- Faculty & Support Staff
- Access to Teaching & Learning
- School Culture & Partnerships for Learning
- Operational Systems
Characteristics of an Accredited School:
- An accredited school is devoted to its mission. It cares enough about what it does to seek validation by a recognised accreditation authority.
- An accredited school knows itself. It has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.
- An accredited school has integrity. It promises only what it can deliver.
- An accredited school accepts objective assessment. It is prepared to open its doors periodically to outside experienced evaluators.
- An accredited school is constantly seeking to improve its performance.
- An accredited school is student-orientated. Its philosophy of education encompasses the development of the whole individual.
- An accredited school plans for the future. As part of the on-going nature of the evaluation process, accredited schools are continually planning future development.
- An accredited school participates fully in the responsibilities of the academic profession. Administrators and teachers participate in the self - renewing activity of evaluation and accreditation.
The School achieved accredited status by:
- Undergoing a preliminary visit to determine readiness,
- Completing a year-long, rigorous self-study,
- Hosting a team of professional evaluators who examined all aspects of school operations,
- Meeting the standards for Accreditation,
In becoming accredited the School joins a growing network of similar institutions dedicated to providing high quality education responsive to the needs of international communities world-wide.